|Number of pupils and Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) received|
|Total number of pupils on roll September 2013||330|
|Number of pupils currently eligible for PPG (includes children entitled to Free School Meals or Looked After children)
Also included are children we class as 'vulnerable'.
62 incl. those moved to Y3
|Amount of PPG received per pupil||£953 (amended Jan 2014)|
Total PPG funding received
(total funding is based on pupils who have been eligible at any time in the previous 6 years)
£49, 250 Original Funding
Jan 2014 Funding
|Nature of Support 2013 - 14|
At Moss Hall Infant School we believe in equal opportunities for all children, and we aim to provide the children with a wide range of experiences to support and develop their learning. This includes seeing what each child needs at their current point of development in order to move their learning on further. We have used the PPG funding to ensure that pupils receive support to
The PPG funds early support strategies for identified FSM children in developing literacy, numeracy, social and motor skills. Interventions and targeted literacy/numeracy support across the school are provided by skilled Teaching Assistants and Teachers.
Provision This Year
· Focus work on narrowing the gap for children in writing for 2014 Cohort
· Reading Assessment Project with LA for 2014 Cohort
Ensure corroboration of Reading Teacher Assessment for Y1
· New Assessment Planning for New Reception with identification of what should be achieved at different points of year
· Individual class provision maps for identified children – whole school
· Reviewing impact of interventions and provision termly and/or upon completion of an intervention package
· Enhanced teaching provision in terms of a Pupil Focus Teacher working with identified children
· Focus teaching from members of the Senior Management Team to raise attainment in Writing and Reading
Our intervention package include:
Nature and frequency of support is determined by pupils’ identified needs, following termly pupil progress meetings and our other school tracking procedures as the need arises.
|Curriculum Focus of PPG Spending 2013 – 14 Original Calculation Formula|
Enriching the curriculum
Extended school support
Targeted Teacher support
Teaching Assistant interventions
|Measuring Impact of PPG Spending|
We are confident that the experiences we provide for the children at Moss Hall Infant School have a positive impact on pupils’ attainment. Analysis of pupil attainment at the end of EYFS (Reception) and Key Stage 1 (Year 2) over the last three years shows that our pupils have achieved in line with, or above Local Authority and National expectations each year.
We will continue to use the PPG funding to enrich children’s learning experiences and enable our pupils to be confident, independent learners who are developing age appropriate skills.
|2012-13 PPG funding was £34, 552|
|Evaluation of 2013 – 2014 PPG Expenditure|
|Impact on Attainment||