School lunches are provided by Pride Catering, who are an independent catering company that provide hot, fresh meals each day at Moss Hall. All food is cooked in the school kitchens.
The menu is varied and produced to reflect our diverse ethnic community at the school. We do not have pork or beef on the menu and concentrate mainly on chicken, lamb and vegetarian dishes.
The menu is on a three-week rotation, offering a new selection for each week. There is an example shown on the document below.
All school meals for children in YR, Y1 and Y2 are free.
We promote Healthy Eating and this should extend into meals provided by parents for their children while in school.
There are items that should not appear in your child’s lunchbox:-
- Chocolate and sweets
- Any item containing nuts or nut derivatives (there are children in the school who are allergic to nuts)
- Fizzy drinks
If your child forgets to bring in their packed lunch, we will provide a school lunch and telephone to inform you.
Free School Meal Entitlement
Some parents/carers are unaware that they may be entitled to claim Free School Meals. If you are in receipt of any of the following, you may be entitled to make a claim.
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,090
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
The process is confidential and simple to set up. All that is required is the parent/carer's name, date of birth and National Insurance Number. Please ask at the school office.